Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day - Asheville Green Theme Blog

In honor of St. Patrick’s Day this week I want to introduce you to a couple of downtown Asheville Businesses with a twist on a Green theme- just for fun. I shot these pictures today while downtown for a couple hours. I am in the mood for this holiday already – hopefully it is an indication of spring around the corner.


  
Green Man Brewing on Patton Avenue in Downtown Asheville AKA Jack of the Wood has a variety of locally brewed beers. The micro-brewery is located on Buxton Ave and features a tasting bar slyly called Dirty Jacks. I recently met Dennis and Ben and found them to be quite interesting, although neither of them are green - ha-ha. My favorite brew currently on tap is the Imperial Stout, a high gravity brew, but they are well known for their IPA.


 Providing an array of organic coffees and teas as well as more sandwiches and quiches than you can eat in a month, the Green Sage Coffeehouse is a unique hang out. They open their doors to groups who are eco-minded for classes and speakers who are focusing on the green efforts in Asheville. They practice what they preach by boasting solar panels on the roof.




Let’s don’t just talk green, let’s add a little bling.  My last intro is to an old time favorite – Wick and Greene Jewelry also on Patton Avenue. Stop in and see Michael Greene, his family owned business has been providing Western North Carolina the finest jewelry since 1953.  I have enjoyed seeing the old timey clock on Patton Avenue my entire life and couldn’t resist this tribute.


And don’t forget – I’m green too - Amanda @ More Space Place Asheville! Offering space saving furniture and interior design solutions for your home, you can have a smaller footprint for your home or more efficiently use the space you have. Follow my on my Facebook Page or  @AVLCustomCloset on Twitter. You can view how these Murphy Beds and Custom Closets work on my YouTube Channel. Thanks for reading. Have a Safe and Happy St Patrick’s Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment